Hello sweet ones! I’ve been looking forward to this day for a while now for two reasons: it’s Lamar’s birthday and I get to sit down and sip coffee while reading your blog post because it’s link up day! Whoop whoop! It’s my heart’s desire to be able to really sit down with you, grab a latte, and talk for hours about our highs and lows of the week, current prayer requests, and what’s been inspiring you. Until we meet face-to-face, a virtual coffee date will have to do! Join me?
Twice a month, I’ll be teaming up with Jenna from A Mama Collective to have a coffee date linkup. It’s not a typical coffee date post, because you don’t have to prepare a post ahead of time! You get to link up any post from the last week so that we can catch up with you, just like we would if we really sat down to coffee. Now, you want to make sure to link up a post that shares a little about you (ie, you wouldn’t want to link up a recipe or a DIY). Although those types of posts are pure amazingness, we want to get to know you.. I’ve got my iced caramel latte, so grab yours and let’s go!
If we were really meeting for coffee, I’d ask you to share about you first. But this time, I’ll go first. I know, where are my manners!?
Highlights of my week…
+ On Monday, I was sitting on the beach reading a magazine, listening to the waves, and watching our nephew play in the waves (or lack thereof. It was almost like a lake!).
+ I moved out of my classroom and all of my supplies are put away for the summer. I’m so glad to have that checked off my list!
+ Lamar’s birthday is today! Eek. Last night I surprised him with his favorite dessert–key lime pie. Tonight we are headed to an outdoor concert with some friends.
+ Being immensely blessed by the parents in my classroom. Let’s just say, God has provided in such a way that would make even the most bitter person believe in the power of the Lord.
And there’s always some lowlights, right?
– Having to turn in my school-issued MacBook that I’ve loved for two years. Oh friends, it has been tough going from my precious baby Mac to my old, dusty hp. Why, oh why??
– Having to work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. That a was a bit overkill for a school that is closing, don’t you think?
– Since we waited until basically the last minute to book our Greece flights, all of the good deals I saw last month on AirBnB are gone! Any ideas on where to stay in Santorini, y’all?
-Being sick! I haven’t been sick in a while, and of course the second my summer break begins I come down with a cold. Yuck!
Now, it’s your turn!
1. What are your highs and lows from this week? Comment below and let’s chat.
2. Link up your favorite post from this past week. Make sure it’s one that will allow us to get to know you more.
Rules of the linkup: Only link up the url of your blog post, not your blog homepage. Make sure to visit and comment on at least 2 other links! After all, that is what this link up is all about–getting to know one another!